Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chuck Hagel and Joe Biden as VP?

From here.

This has me confused. My thoughts:

Biden - I love Biden. No one else likes Biden. Why would this be a good strategic decision? He's one of the most well known Democrats and very few non-outspoken Democrats feel very good about him. This would be a strategically bad move, though I would not be upset if Obama wins.

Hagel - This is interesting. A Republican that is almost a Democrat as the Vice President would be a brilliant choice. And as much as I don't like the idea of a Republican in a high ranking office in the White House, Chuck Hagel is by far the best possible Republican choice he could make. Though I would guess this may still be a bad idea, because it will be hard to sell some of the uber-liberal Hillary supporters (yes, there are some) that a Republican on the ticket would be a better choice than Clinton. Also, Obama would have to work hard to convince young people he's not letting them down.

None of these make much sense. Really, no choice besides Wesley Clark or one of the lesser known Democrats make any sense to me. But Obama strategists have done a good job so far, so let's see what happens.

No comments: