Thursday, December 28, 2006

Senator Gordon Smith - The Man, The Myth, The YouTube Video


I tried to find the full speech on YouTube, but I couldn't. However, the complete speech can be found here, with a link to the speech on the senate website as well as the full transcript. MyDD has a good take on the speech as well.

He has done what few Republicans have been willing to do. He has taken responsibility, and dismissed the Republican propaganda.

"Let's cut and run. Or cut and walk."

Genius.

The Republican Senator also says "I, for one, am at the end of my rope when it comes to supporting a policy that has our soldiers patrolling the same streets in the same way, being blown up by the same bombs day after day. That is absurd. It may even be criminal."

He has taken the one small step for man, one giant leap for the GOP. I'm interested to see if the dominoes continue to fall.

No comments: