Thursday, January 4, 2007

My Own Political Conspiracy Theories

I'm not a real conspiracy theorist, but I do have a few thoughts on political agendas and plans that are reported as "illogical courses of action" on news reports, and I will share one with you now:

1) Bush is waiting to release his new Iraq strategy, which everyone expects to be a "surge" (aka, last ditch effort) of soldiers to Iraq. But no one can understand why he is waiting until the day the Democrats take office, and why he didn't announce in December. I have a theory. Sending thousands more troops into Iraq is going to cost the government billions more than originally anticipated. Billions. So much more that there will only be two courses of action: Raise taxes or increase the deficit. I don't believe anything is politically below Bush, and everything is calculated, so I believe that he and fellow Republican strategists are already planning ways to win back the house in November: Blame the Democrats for the increase in deficit and spending, while taking credit for anything that happens in Iraq.

-----------

I used to have more, but they escape me now. Check back.

No comments: