Thursday, January 4, 2007

A New Majority - With a Minority that, Ironically, Hates Minorities

Today is the first day of the Democratic Majority. I shed a little tear of happiness when I woke up this morning, and ran outside to take the first breath of fresh air I've had in... Well, roughly 12 years. Give or take a day.

Representative John Boehner, Republican from Ohio, handed the gavel to Nancy Pelosi, and Pelosi took the gavel with open arms and beat Boehner in the head with it.

No, wait, that was just my imagination. Too bad. Anyway, in the spirit of bipartisanship, both of them argued with each other equally. So that's something. C-Span showcased a delightful exchange between house members about the ethics overhaul, where Republicans (Shock and Awe) said that banning gifts from lobbyists, etc., was awful for America.

Oh well, no one ever said progress was exciting, just that it was progress. I'm ready for Reid and Pelosi to "lay the smackdown."

No comments: