Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Often Times I Write 140 Page Strategies for Things I Don't Plan on Doing

Rudy Giuliani, ex-Republican mayor of New York and likely presidential candidate in 2008 got his first taste of presidential press time today when a 140-page strategy for his bid for the White House.

According to the spokesman for former Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" (Note: This year, it was me. I was Man of the Year. Your congratulations can be made in the form of generous donations), the document did not actually belong to Rudy Giuliani but rather his staff member, and the documents were someone else's ideas that were "committed to paper."

That reminds me, I left my 175 page strategy document that I wrote this morning possible about dinner ideas on the kitchen counter.

But I digress. Anyway, the strategy was not exactly controversial. No plan of putting R. Kelly in charge of the House Caucus for Missing and Exploited Children. But it laid out all the possible negative campaigns against him, including allegations from his ex-wife, as well as his spending strategies.

Although, by far the most shocking finding was that he was torn between running for the president or continuing his business ventures.

"What's this you say? A REPUBLICAN who would care more about making money than helping the country? Why surely you jest!" -- Indeed, that was my reaction as well, but in fact it is true.

Otherwise this would hardly be news if it didn't seem like a purposeful political stunt by a fellow Republican presidential candidate. And considering Giuliani is one of the more liberal candidates in the Republican party, he probably wasn't going to get the nod anyway.

No comments: